Sunday, 13 January 2008

Back

Not updated for a while and if I don't get back on the horse then I may never do ;p

Christmas was ace. We locked ourselves up in Liverpool for the festive period, barely leaving the safety of the Toal household. Once again I was spoiled by santa - I really have been a good boy this year. I largely got camera parts for my baby and also a shiny TomTom - so now I have something to blame when I get lost.

New year was different this year. Usually I loath it as it's soooo overrated imho - you pay a fortune to have a mediocre time. This year Stefanie, hereby known as The German (or fave German #4), had the excellent idea of booking a little place in Derbyshire for us to rent over new year.

I'm too lazy to go into the full detail of what we got upto, but rest assured we took advantage of the wonderous scenery and went on a loooong walk. It was long partly as a result of me stopping every couple of seconds to photo things like:

and


More importantly, when I returned home the RAW shots allowed me to put one of Christmas pressies to good use (Photoshop workflow book).

I went a little OTT with the enhancement of this one:

but I quite like it nonetheless.

It's been v quiet in work since I've been back, which is an odd feeling. I've done probably the least amount of work since before I joined the firm. Sadly it was a one off and the next few months are going to be hectic :/

I'm off to Boston a week today for work purposes. I've been there quite a few times with work. It's a nice place and I get on with the client great, but I don't like the fact I go by myself. We are reluctant to send out more than one person from the UK when we can use staff from the Boston office - as we'd have to pass the expense of the flights and hotels onto the client. Gets a little lonely over there when you're on your todd. Although Babs is loading me up with chores to do (website/suit etc), so I'll be kept occupied. Besides I suppose I shouldn't moan about international work travel, I'm sure there are people out there who would kill to do it.

Right offskie

No comments: